This is an automatically generated PDF version of the online resource argentina.mom-rsf.org/en/ retrieved on 2019/07/21 at 20:41
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) & Association Tiempo Argentino - all rights reserved, published under Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
LOGO Tiempo Argentino
Reporters without borders

Kuarzo Entertainment

Kuarzo Entertainment

Kuarzo is an audiovisual production company established in 2017 as the successor of the Argentinian subsidiary of Endemol. After Dutch shareholders (Endemol) withdrew, Martín Kweller took in hand 100% of the company, which became famous for producing reality show Big Brother in Argentina in the late 1990s. To support and increase Kuarzo’s share in the Argentinian media market, Kweller partnered with TV producer and host Guido Kaczka and businessmen Eduardo Cohen Watkins (multimillionaire heir of the Watkins-Safra family and friend of President Mauricio Macri) and Gerardo Waisburg (mattress manufacturer). Thus, the stock is 70%-controlled by Kweller, while the remaining 30% is equally divided among the other three businessmen.

Kuarzo produces television shows for four open TV channels from Buenos Aires (Canal 13, Telefé, Canal 9 and América) for a total of 10.5 daily hours as of November 2018. It also produces the whole programming of channel Net TV, owned by Editorial Perfil, where the group is a 5%-shareholder. It also produces paid content TV channel Kuarzo TV and owns 30% of Radio Con Vos.

Key facts

Business Form

Private

Legal Form

Joint stock corporation

Ownership

Individual Owner

Martín Kweller

He is a TV producer, who has invested in several hotel projects. He is also partner of production company Underground together with renowned TV producer Sebastián Ortega.

70%
Media Outlets
Other Media Outlets

Other TV Outlets

5% Net TV (Buenos Aires)

Other Radio Outlets

Radio Con Vos (Buenos Aires)

Other Online Outlets

www.radioconvos.com.ar

Facts

Media Business

Audiovisual production company

Kuarzo Entertainment

General Information

Founding Year

2017

Affiliated Interests Founder

Martín Kweller

He is a TV producer, who has invested in several hotel projects. He is also partner of production company Underground together with renowned TV producer Sebastián Ortega.

Employees

Missing data

Financial Information

Revenue (Financial Data/ Optional)

Missing data

Operating Profit (in Mill. $)

Missing data

Advertising (in % of total funding)

Missing data

Management

Executive Board

Hernán Kweller

President of the board

Other Influential People

Guido Kaczka

Radio and TV host and producer. He is one of the leading names in FM La 100 and Canal 13 (both owned by Grupo Clarín).

  • Project by
    Logo Tiempo Argentino
  •  
    Reporters without borders
  • Funded by
    BMZ